What is Happening?
Shopify has introduced its Point-of-Sale (POS) system in Australia in what a major push in the country’s physical retail space.
Key benefits include:
- 💳 The ability for retailers to accept all major payment methods
- 🔐Seamless, secure, and reliable checkouts for both retailers and customers
- 🛒 Unified back office to manage sales, payments, and payouts
- 🔙 Frictionless returns and exchanges
- 💵 Clear and upfront pricing with a single rate for all credit cards and no hidden fees
The launch comes as new research of Australians’ shopping behaviours, conducted by Shopify, shows that despite online shopping likely to double, most Aussies prefer to shop in-store.
What Does it Mean?
Australia is rising quickly as an important market for Shopify, hence the latest big push into the physical stores. The company believes its POS solution will make Australian retailers better prepared for the future.
🚀 Retailers are having to cater to and accommodate new ways of shopping such as contactless payments, local delivery, and click-and-collect that have been accelerated by the global pandemic. Shopify's POS integration here will help support merchants to offer easier ways to transact with their customers.